Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dirty Jack, Clean Jack

This is what Jack looked like on New Year's Day when I went out to get him. He was so dirty that I had to stop at my car to get my camera. He's saying, "What's the big deal? I had a nice roll in the mud!" Thank goodness I could just pull the blanket off and have him mostly clean underneath. Otherwise tacking up would be a nightmare!

I put a new blanket on him today. It's a Rhino medium weight with a high neck. It looks like it's going to be wet and cold this week, so I wanted him to be covered up a little more. Plus the tail flap is torn off his Schneider's blanket in the first picture and I need to sew it back on. I love the color of this blanket. It matches him!

I'm sure I'll show up at the barn tomorrow and he'll be nice and dirty in his brand new blanket. Horses will be horses!

4 comments:

photogchic said...

I have a similar plaid blanket like that...only now you can't even tell it is plaid:-) Hope yours stays cleaner.

Melanie said...

Ooohhh...I like his new blankie!!! How dod you guys fare with all of the snow and flooding??

Melanie said...

Sorry...I meant to say "did" not "dod!!"

Pony Girl said...

That is a cool new blanket. I love the plaid, it looks good on him!