Sunday, March 1, 2009

No Stirrups!



This is just a short video Dave took yesterday. It will give you an idea of how my helmet cover looks when I'm riding, but please forgive the poor video quality. It's what you get with a point and shoot camera! I was working on my legs and riding without stirrups. I did some sitting trot, posting trot, and canter in both directions. Ouch! Even if your legs are strong, they burn at some point when going stirrup-less. I have been working on building up my endurance in jump position so I will be ready for cross country schooling and the Area VII Adult Riders' Camp that I just signed up for in May. Six instructors, some of them Olympians, riding two lessons a day for three days. I am pumped!

3 comments:

photogchic said...

Looks fun...made my legs burn just reading about it.

Keebler said...

Looks like great exercise... I haven't ridden without stirrups for ages - too scared! lol

There was a teenage girl at a barn I was at who would gallop and jump without stirrups - oh to have the confidence and endurance to do that these days!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Hi there,
Enjoyed your video. You make it look effortless. What a difference in the way Jack looks now that you're settled in with one another. Nice photos indeed!