Thursday, November 13, 2008

Go Wild!

Last Saturday Megan, Aaron, Dave, and I drove up to Vancouver, B.C. to see the Minnesota Wild play the Vancouver Canucks. None of us had ever been up to Vancouver before, so it was a fun adventure. We of course had to show our passports at the border on the way in and out of Canada. The boarder patrol agents were very serious. That's a good thing, I guess. I want them to take their job seriously, but it was a little intimidating!

We were decked out in Wild gear for the game and stuck out because Vancouver's colors are royal blue and kelly green compared to our Christmasy colors of red and hunter green.

We had a good view from our seats at the end of the arena. Too bad we never got to see the Wild score any goals! They usually do pretty well, but it was a disappointing game for us. We lost 2-0.

I thought Minnesota fans were hockey crazy but the Canuck fans were intense! We got a lot of crap on the way out to our car. I wish the game had been closer, but we had a good time and got to see a new city. I was surprised how foreign Canada felt. People joke that it's just like America, but I definitely didn't think that it did! Their accents alone were worth the trip. They were so cute, eh?

I love getting to do stuff like this with my sister! It's so fun that the four of us like hanging out together and have similar interests so we can all have fun experiences like this :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were so close to Shane and Tish! They live on the west end of downtown.

photogchic said...

Hardest part about living in the NW...no hockey! I can't watch the Winterhawks...they are 16 year old kids.