Thursday, November 20, 2008

Buddy

Having Jack has made me nostalgic about my first horse love, Buddy. He was (okay, is... he's still alive!) an Appendix Quarter horse who I completely adored! I took lessons on him and leased him from eighth grade until freshman year of college. He liked to buck, so one of his nicknames was "Bucking Buddy." His registered name is Ima Jaguar Too.

Here are two pictures that were taken for my senior pictures. The first one is one of the few times in my life that I have ever been on a horse without a helmet! He was feeling wild on this day, so that was pretty brave of me ;-)


Oh Buddy, you are so cute! If I could keep him in my backyard, I would go get him and drive him here all the way from Minnesota. It's hard to think about how he may be doing right now, since I don't know, but I have tons of memories that will last forever!

3 comments:

Alison said...

AHhh!!!! So cute... and how young you look :)

Melanie said...

Too funny that we both grew up with bucking horse!!! The things that we will tolerate in our youth...lol!!!!

Buddy is a beautiful horse though!!!

Trailboss said...

He is so beautiful. I have an appendix too and he is full of piss and vinegar. That's why my 17 yr old daughter rides him! They are a good match.